Of moments gone (An eligy for time)


Of moments gone (An eligy for time)
by Shobhana kumar

All that remains now are remnants of you,
A memoir of memories of what could have been
Some bric-a-brac and trivia once held dear
A platter of emotions unfelt and unseen

You lie now, gnarled and garbled in my veins
In wisps of white that streak my thoughts,
I watch you slip by, moment by moment
And lament the loss of the life I have lost

Sad, I imagined you'd wait all eternity
And that I could always relive and rewind
And now, as you advance hour after hour,
All I do is replay dreams in my mind

Alas you have gone, leaving me to mourn
The unopened treasures that lie before my eye
And now I will tick away into oblivion soon
My memory, a portrayal of a sad, petty life

O come back to me, just once I pray,
For I promise to unlock each of those treasures
Give me some time just one more time,
To savour a little of life's million pleasures

.. a beautiful poem.. isnt it?? :)

--
"I walk a lonely road
The only road that I've ever known
Don't know where it goes
But it's home to me and I walk alone.."
----
G.A.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

25 Things to Do with Your Family While Stuck at Home

Email Fraud, supposedly from Maruti Suzuki!!

Microfinance In a Spot Of Trouble