Why Black?


Those of you who have been following my blog regularly, the change in background color must've come as a surprise. Of all the designs and colors available, i chose black. Plain, simple, dark black. 

Why?

The reason is that black screen uses less energy than any other color. And i got to know about this from the site Blackle. 


A simple search on net throws up a lot of pro and anti black screen analysis. However, the fact remains that black screens, when used on normal monitors does save energy consumption. And I believe that in India atleast, there are more users of normal screen than LCD monitors. Hence, I chose to keep my blog's background black.

On a elated note, it is said that education opens one's eyes and makes him/her feel more responsible. Its true, atleast in my case. Though the ideas were always there I guess, but after having studied certain subjects and getting to know things in detail, I feel more responsible towards our environment and the amount of energy we consume. Hence, this attempt to save energy.

Any opinions, guys?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Email Fraud, supposedly from Maruti Suzuki!!

Microfinance In a Spot Of Trouble

25 Things to Do with Your Family While Stuck at Home